PLEX server update on Debian/Ubuntu
- SSH into the server
- Find the download link here: https://www.plex.tv/downloads/
- Download the PLEX pack: wget https://www.plex.tv/downloads/plex…pack of your choice.deb
- Update/Install the PLEX pack: sudo dpkg -i plex…pack of your choice.deb
- Finish off with cleaning up your mess: rm plex…pack of your choice.deb
- It might be an idea to restart your server now that you cleared out your mess: sudo restart
TeamSpeak3 server update
- Updating is as easy as copying the new files over the old files… more or less… 😉
- Enter the TS3 servers working directory
- Stop the server instance with “./ts3server_startscript.sh stop”
- Fetch the new server files (check for latest url) “wget https://files.teamspeak-services.com/releases/server/3.12.1/teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64-3.12.1.tar.bz2”
- Extract the downloaded file automatically “tar -xvf teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64-3.12.1.tar.bz2” into a new folder.
- Type “ls” to see all files and folders where you are.
- Move all files from the new directory to your TS3 working directory “mv /home/ts3server_working_dir/teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64/* /home/ts3server_working_dir/”
- All files should now have been moved to the working directory and overwritten the old files.
- Start the server as the ts3 user as you normally would do, e.g. “./ts3server_startscript.sh start”
- Verify that the version has changed in the TS3 client when you log in to your server.